I wanted to let you know that Sketchpacks can now help you measure your plugins user activity and retention!
We have also updated our popularity score algorithm to take into account user activity. We still need to tune the weighting, but it should give a much more dynamic experience when browsing popular plugins!
Sketchpacks tracks user activity & retention using unique requests to your plugins
appcast.xml as well as downloads and updates for your plugins. You MUST have an
appcast.xml for activity & retention analytics
If you are already using the Sketchpacks appcast endpoint, your plugins are already collecting user activity. You can view the analytics on your plugins "Insight" tab on https://sketchpacks.com
Here are a couple examples:
- Install Sketchpacks Relay on your plugin repository
- Add our appcast endpoint to your plugin manifest
- Configure if you want Sketchpacks to generate an appcast or serve an existing one from your repository
- Release a new version of your plugin
More detailed info is available on our documentation:
What is being aggregated?
- appcast requests
Feedback is always welcome! We are trying to focus on MVP for analytics and build on as people request features. Here are a couple questions we would love some feedback on:
- Are there any other points of data you would like aggregated?
- Are the analytics displayed intuitively and give you an good idea about your plugins activity?
- Are there any workflow issues that you would like to configure on Sketchpacks?